vrijdag 20 mei 2011

Hello again everybody!
After today's lecture in my mind appeared some questions I hadn't thought before, and some I want to clarify for myself and my thesis. ( I want to write about the profession of architect, what purposes it should "serve", and by doing this I want to formulate general idea ,what kind of methodology an architect can use to create architecture, of course it will be my humble point of view :)) regarding to this I'd like to ask all of you, maybe you know where I can find different viewpoints about the role of architect, or some definitions of architectural discipline (no matter it is made by an architect, writer or philosopher). Now back to my questions. Maybe it will be easy for you to give me answers if I formulate it in list.
1. When we preserve different built heritage, do we act like this mostly because we identify our selves whit it, and if we let time, or other people to destroy it we can lose part of our own? (if it is so, then any object can become object of identification, for example specific tree, or stone and so on. Is it true?)
2. When you said today that architecture can be perceived by touching the surface, texture, or by the noise of screaming foorstop of wooden stairs such feelings are part of our memories which can be important for us personally, but how important can it be for future generation which can have different values and visions? are there some values thas can last forever?
3. what do you think what is the most intelligible way to transfer your ideas?

Everyone are welcome to answer if you have enough time.

Thank you in advance for attention,
Irakli

1 opmerking:

  1. I would like to add two things:
    1. We don't only preserve what we think is important for us, but also what we think is important for the next generations. At the same time, as Herdis pointed out, it is important that our building heritage is not only preserved, but also is given a function. Through this function, the building can also generate memories for the future generation, though each generation will have to assess once again if previous judgments on heritage are still valid. I would think that the assessment model used specifically attempts to judge on values that are long-lasting, rather than only on what is fashionable today. Yes, no single valuation can be permanent and will change throughout generations.
    2. Generally speaking, I think that the most intelligible way to transfer an idea is dependent on the idea but is likely to include different means and media. There is an interaction between an idea and its presentation, since no presentation is fully objective but always includes a notion of subjectivity and interpretation. Thus, the way you perceive an idea you created, is not necessarily the way an observer interprets the interpretation of the idea. Multiple means and media can offer different interpretations, the combination of which may strengthen the transfer.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen